These are the steps/commands I used to install Minecraft PE on Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS 64-bit for me, my son, and his friends. I already port forwarded and made the necessary firewall changes on my hosted server.
Tested and working on Apple iOS Minecraft PE for iPhone and iPad on version 1.0.2.
- Download and install Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS server edition: http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-16.04.1-server-amd64.iso
- Once installed, and at the console, download and install all updates:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
- Make a user to run Minecraft PE under:
- Make a directory to install Minecraft PE in:
- Set permissions on the directory to grant the new user full access:
chown minecraftsvc:minecraftsvc /etc/minecraftpe
- Change directories to your new directory:
- Clone the GitHub repo (because the install script is now working at the time of this writing):
git clone --recursive https://github.com/pmmp/pocketmine-mp.git pocketmine-mp.git
- Move files from the git folder to your directory:
mv /etc/minecraftpe/pocketmine-mp.git/* /etc/minecraftpe/
- Download PHP 7.0.6 64 bit:
- Extract the php binary:
tar xzvf download [press tab key to auto fill]
- Make the start.sh executable by running:
chmod +x start.sh
- Run the start script as root once to create necessary directories and files:
- Answer the questions during the first-run. Once finished and server is running, press
CTRL+C(which literally is CTRL C).
- Reset directory permissions for any new directories. NOTE: you should be in the /etc/minecraftpe directory:
chown minecraftsvc:minecraftsvc * -R
- Run the script as your minecraftsvc non-root user:
su -c "/etc/minecraftpe/start.sh" -s /bin/sh minecraftsvc
Server is online:
What you see in terminal/shell when user joins:
Other items you need to be familiar with: nano server.properties to edit your server settings.
Explained here: http://pocketmine-mp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/configuration.html
Details (from full version) here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties
Check out our server: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/minecraft.kronos-industries.com:19132
Visit us on TeamSpeak: http://ts.kronos-industries.com