Very simple procedure to remove the HP Elitepad 1000 G2 Rugged from the ruggedized case:
- On the front: there are six screws hidden by small black inserts. Four on the bottom and two on the top. Remove all six crews. The two bottom-middle screws are different lengths so do not mix them up.
- On the back: there are four screws – two on each side. Remove all four screws.
- Carefully pry the front bezel off using a plastic screen repair tool or similar device. It will take some force to remove the front bezel. Carefully pry around the entire unit taking great care to not scratch or damage the screen.
- Once the front bezel is off, there are six plastic locking tabs – three on each side. Carefully push the plastic locking tabs outward and slowly lift the HP Elitepad 1000 G2 from the top.
- Pull the Elitepad from the ruggedized case.