FINALLY 2FA has never been easier to implement with Owncloud 10.x! Couple with LDAP authentication and security policies, this is an effective and easy way to manage and secure your Owncloud install.
- Log in to your Owncloud instance with an account that has permissions to install Owncloud apps.
- Click “Files” at the top left and select “Market“.
- In the market, find “TOTP”. Open the app and select “Install“.
- Navigate to this URL (replace your server address with your Owncloud instance). It’s much easier to give your users this URL as opposed to explaining how to get to this URL.
https://[your owncloud URL]/index.php/settings/personal?sectionid=security
- Click “Activate TOTP” and use an app such as Google Authenticator for iPhone or Android. Input your code to validate the activation.
- Log out and log back in!